Ven y aprende más sobre: La ley Promesa, la Junta, la deuda y los Movimientos por la justicia para Puerto Rico
Come learn about the PROMESA law which created the Fiscal Control Board, how we can audit and cancel and the Debt, plus movements fighting for justice for Puerto Rico.
We will hold a Public Assembly as well.
Welcome: Hartford Councilwoman Wildaliz Bermudez
10am-12pm Educational Workshops
2-4pm Democratic Assembly
The event will feature an educational panel from 10am-12pm, a break for lunch and then a “People’s Assembly” as has been occurring on the island in Puerto Rico as the next phase of protests to address corruption and political violence in Puerto Rico.
- Hartford Councilwoman Wildaliz Bermudez
- Former Executive Director of the Latino and Puerto Rican Affairs Commission in Hartford Fernando Betancourt
- Former American-Islamic Relations CT Executive Director Alicia Hernandez Strong
- Western Mass Radio Host and anti colonial feminist Darlene Elias
- Community Organizer for Chispa Connecticut, Alex Rodriguez
- Founder of The Help Save Puerto Rico Initiative and Iglesia Pentecostal el Calvario, Bronx, NY Rev. William Rosa
We welcome anyone who would like to help!
Damos la bienvenida a cualquiera que quiera ayudar