Due to the increased demand on our organization to take a leading role in organizing and mobilizing our people for a better Puerto Rico, we are expanding our board to include 4 at large seats! These 4 seats are open to any member of Puerto Rican descent in CT. If you believe you have a perspective and skills that could strengthen our work, please fill out this form. Please give yourself at least 30 minutes to complete it.
Good candidates for board members are people who want to be part of the strategic direction of our organization, and get into the nuts and bolts of building power in our community capable of affecting social change. The issues we focus on, the policies we chose to endorse or oppose, and our tactics are all decisions made by the board of directors.
Candidates must also be ready, willing, and able to hold public forums in their communities. There is a lot to discuss, and new issues that impact Puerto Ricans arise everyday. Taking the initiative to have a public dialogue about public policy and organizing is important to us. We hope to find board members who are ready to learn the fine art of facilitating public conversations and focusing that momentum toward tangible improvements in people's lives.
Lastly, we are also looking to fill seats for our committees. Our committees are smaller sub-groups that are tasked with specific action items to complete. Committee seats are an excellent opportunity to get involved for those of you who cannot commit to the full responsibility and duties of a board seat. Our current committees are:
Community Recruitment and Engagement
- Engaging Puerto Rican communities to become members of the agenda
- Creating exciting programming for our current members
- Volunteer coordination for public events(Parades/Festivals)
- Community Recruitment and Engagement
Declarations and Direct action
- Drafting policy positions
- Identifying strategic opportunities for public engagement with the decisions that affect us
- Direct lobbying to advance our policy agenda
- Declarations and Direct action
- Developing education materials about our history and culture
- Explanations of policies and positions
- Public forums on contemporary topics
Fundraising and Financial Oversight.
- Holding fundraising events to support our work
- Ensuring our financial paperwork is correct and transparent
- Identifying opportunities for grants or awards
- Follow through on our c3/c4 incorporation
- Fundraising and Financial Oversight.
If you are interested In running for a leadership position with the Connecticut Puerto Rican Agenda, please fill out this form.
The commitment is a serious one. Our people are dealing with a lot, and we are one of only a few organizations dedicated to mobilizing Puerto Ricans. With your help and the others who will join us alongside you, we can make a real impact here in CT, and join the national movement to support Puerto Rico until our people have everything we need to prosper.
We will accept applications until Jan 31st. Applications will be reviewed by the current board of directors, and seats are to be filled by a vote of the current board at the next board meeting. Applicants will be notified once the board has made a decision.
Thank you all for your continued support, and we look forward to growing together to meet the challenges ahead.